Queens Own Highlanders 1-Piece Anod. "Cap Badge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queens Own Highlanders 1-Piece Anod. "Cap Badge"

Does anybody have any thoughts on this one piece version of the two piece silver anodised version of Kipling & King 2052? It's of a cast appearance, rather than struck & it bears traces on the back showing the sites of fittings to the stags head part of the badge & the thistle part, although the fittings that it actually has are of a different type & all 4 are present.
    I've only ever seen this example & one other.
    Is it a badge used by QO Highlanders, or perhaps by one of the numerous civilian highland bands?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leigh kitchen; 07-09-2004, 08:36 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Try an email to the Regimental museum, they may be able to help. When I sent photos of the black Essex badge to the museum the response was along the lines of ' it's a genuine badge as far as we can tell but it isn't official and have no idea as to why it was made' Hopefully you'll have a better result.

Jim

Comment

Not one I recognize myself but certainly could be an issue item of some variation. I certainly hope not though as it's hideous and shoddy enough to make any RSM's blood boil rather vigorously!

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Thanks, I'm not too sure that an e-mail to the regimental museum will help out - some years ago you could phone up & speak with knowledgable ex - officers who knew all the ins & outs of these things, but nowadays you're liable to get responses that vary from an army clerk telling you to put your request in writing to a civilian with no knowledge, depending on whether the museum's still part of an army establishment or merely an off shoot of the counties various museums celebrating public utilities & local industries etc. Could be the only way though......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X