Help with 2 No.4 Mk1 Rifles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 2 No.4 Mk1 Rifles....

I must admit British items are a little out of my collecting area. Met a guy in response to an ad, he spoke broken Enlish and from his description they sounded like Springfields. So hard to walk away from something so I picket them both up for $100.00. Condition: one is a little nicer than the other, each is missing the clip and bolt and looks like a few other parts. I went thru the gun books and can't quite find what they are. Sporterized even? Both are marked "England" so possibly imports. Thanks for your help,

Brian
    Attached Files

2nd
    Attached Files

Comment

Cut down Enfields. Quite common on this side of the pond, and as you say used for sporting rifles.

Sold by the thousands for as little as 5$ back in the day. Still used by many up north as their 'spare' gun.

IMHO not worth the 100$ for them as they are missing part and bolts.
      Last good condition one I saw was running at 50$ retail.

BTW after they are cut down they make for poor rifles. Seems the barrels droop and they shoot low to the sights.

Comment

Many thanks for the fast reply, kinda had that feeling after the fact and that confirms. So hard to walk away sometimes.especially something new. Lesson learned. Nice matching set maybe I can display outsdie on either side of my garage along with my set of WW1 AP artillery shells, wife would love that. Already have a set of cars that don't run, I have a theme here. LEMONS!!!!!

Comment

Magazines were numbered to the rifle, there wasn't the situation of having a spare loaded mag. I imagine all mags would fit, they just didn't make more.

The bolts missing I would imagine to be a bigger problem as these AFAK were fitted to the individual weapon. Not much chance there.

Yes if you take all the woodwork away the rifle will shoot to a different point. I thought most shooters understood that a free floating barrel was a bit different. That's why sights have adjustment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X