RAF boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF boots

hi.... a friend of mine showed me his fathers boots from the war...he was an albemarle pilot involved in sicily. normandy and arnhem....he resides in the county of cork...ive never seen a pair before so im sharing pics with whomever is interested...they are in fantastic condition......i love that they had a pocket for a knife that was used to cut the tops off so that they could look like civilian shoes if landed behind the lines....the shoes themselves are sheep lined too...many thanks k
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

43 pattern

Nice pair of 43 pattern escape boots, quite common as used well into the 50's.

Comment

many thanks Nim....k

Comment

for those in the know about these things id love some info about these boots...etc etc....manafacture...pics etc...any info would be great...many tanks...k

Comment

A neat pair of Boots Karlo. I will add to your thread a couple of images from my MI 9 Escape and Evasion thread. It is possible that there may be items (Map-Compass?) in the heel of the Boots. Whether this is fact or otherwise I am unsure as this is not shown in the PAL book. I have thought about having the Heels X-rayed but not got round to it as yet. I do not know who manufactured the boots but probably one of the major shoe and boot makers in Northamptonshire. Regards, Clive.
            Attached Files

Comment

Image 2
              Attached Files

Comment

Image 3
                Attached Files

Comment

Image 4 - Final
                  Attached Files

Comment

many thanks seebee...k

Comment

if anyone has an original knife for these boots for sale...plz contact me many thanks k

Comment

Originally posted by seebee1 View Post
                        I do not know who manufactured the boots but probably one of the major shoe and boot makers in Northamptonshire. Regards, Clive.
                        A number of years ago I happened to be in the Lake District with time to spare so my wife decided a visit to the Kay shoe factory outlet store would be a worthwhile use of time.......

There was a small museum at the factory and in one display cabinet there was a pair of the standard 43 pattern boots as shown. Kay used to manufacture them during WW2 but I suspect that like the gloves, helmets and other aircrew items there were several maufacturers.

Of course, you may think it's all a load of cobblers.......

Comment

many thanks skypilot......still seeking a knife for these boots if anyone can help me...many thanks...k

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X