No announcement yet.

13th Parachute Battalion Battle dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done, Ed ! Glad it all worked out. I really hope you can find out who the owner was. That bullet is very intriguing !

Comment

Thanks JB and Steve! I'll keep you guys posted on any research that turns up

Cheers
      Edward

Comment

Nice looking jacket Ed.

Just curious why you believe the bullet is German? Have you measured it? It appears to be some type of special purpose bullet such as a tracer or incendiary. I'm not willing to start pulling the ammo in my collection apart to inspect the bullets so I'll have to find another way to figure out what you've got there. Someone probably has a reference for German 7.92 ammo but I don't.

Comment

I had the privilege to examine this in person yesterday, and I have to say it's one of the nicest airborne BDs I've ever seen.
          A totally untouched piece that just screams at you.

Comment

Nice BD there Edward, a great score.

It may be just the photo, but from what I can see the bullet dose not appear to have any rifleing/barrel groves in it. Unless they are very shallow?

Regards Graham.

Comment

Personally, I'm at least as interested in the mutiny story as in the tunic. Do you think they were just browned off at not being sent home after the Japanese surrender, or was there more to it than that? Usually bad officering, combined with such general discontent, was needed before an elite unit such as Paras would consider mutiny. Probably a good story there!

Comment

Nice Edward, very nice. The original pictures didn't do this blouse any justice.

Luc

Comment

Glad you got it OK Very nice.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

In this day and age its easy to see this jacket for what it is ......

A one looker in every way ....and made in Belfast !

owen

Comment

Ed,
                      Why don't you post a photo of the bullet on the firearms forum ? They might be able to tell you what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
                        Nice Edward, very nice. The original pictures didn't do this blouse any justice.

Luc
                        Thanks Luc! To be honest my photos dont do it justice! It really needs to be seen person.

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                        Glad you got it OK Very nice.

Cheers, Ade.
                        Thanks Ade! And thanks for your help! I owe you a drink.

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                        In this day and age its easy to see this jacket for what it is ......

A one looker in every way ....and made in Belfast !

owen
                        Thanks Owen, its always nice to have a one looker! It makes it easier to sleep at night!

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                        Ed,
                        Why don't you post a photo of the bullet on the firearms forum ? They might be able to tell you what it is.
                        Thats a great suggestion. I'll be back next week and will post it then.
                        Again Thank you so much for all you help! Its much appreciated

Cheers
                        Edward

Comment

lanyard

Nice BD. Is the lanyard original to the jacket? I was once told that the fatter lanyards were postwar.

Comment

Hi brooksbz, the lanyard is original to the BD. I don't know if you saw the photo but I included a close up picture of the lanyard ring around the upper pocket button. I don't think it's ever been off the jacket since 45

Cheers
                            Edward

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X