Named F.S. Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming in Scroll

I have owned two named F-S knives and the lettering on the knife in question is nothing like the examples I owned. The font does not look correct to me.

Comment

Pictures as requested.

Many thanks,
      Gareth
      Attached Files

Comment

The pommel is OK. The knife seems to be of genuine WW2 production. From picture 3 the grip seems to be black. Correct?

The name scroll is most likely made after WW2.

The sheath is not standard nickel type. The chape has most likely changed it colour from black to nickel later. Anyway it’s not a Wilkinson scabbard.

Here is one of my F-S with name scroll
        /Olof

compare with

Comment

mmm

Originally posted by Pas de croix View Post
          The pommel is OK. The knife seems to be of genuine WW2 production. From picture 3 the grip seems to be black. Correct?

The name scroll is most likely made after WW2.

The sheath is not standard nickel type. The chape has most likely changed it colour from black to nickel later. Anyway it’s not a Wilkinson scabbard.

Here is one of my F-S with name scroll
          /Olof

compare with

Hi Olof,
          That's most likely as it's not a Wilkinson manufactured knife,I have a nichol 2nd pattern that has a flattened ended chafe, I do not think it is a Wilkinson knife.I would expect a Wilkinson 2nd pattern to have the F-S logos on the ricasso. As I said earlier,isn't the manufacture of these unmarked nichol knives a mystery? I think Roy had one on his site and remarked as to their rarity?
          Regards,Ivan
          Last edited by grip3846; 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X