Comment

Both look good to me.

Cheers,

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary.

Mike

Comment

The lettering on the canvas title doesn't look as clean and crisp as the originals I've seen. The lettering almost looks smudged. Is that just a mis-print or something?

Comment

It's also in very very very good condition for something supposed to be 60+ years old, even if it is unissued. Unless its been in an envelope all these years; I'd expect more wear just from kicking around in a drawer. If I weree buying I don't think I'd buy this one!

Peter

Comment

I don't think you can condemn an item based solely on condition. I've seen other absolutely mint condition titles from WW2 that were without a doubt original. If there is a problem with this badge it will be in it's construction.

Comment

titles

Both are fine, in fact the printed titles always have imperfections in the lettering that can be unique from one title to the next. This is actually a good way to tell authenticity. If you put a pile of these titles from different sources all together, you will notice the imperfections in the lettering. The printing process also caused letters to bend and warp. That paste like appearence to the white dye is dead on original. As the titles are worn, this flattens out but mint titles are actually quite common. I have had or seen about half a dozen over time. Two direct from vets. When I say mint, I mean stone mint like they just came off the production line. So no worries with these.

Ken

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
                I don't think you can condemn an item based solely on condition. I've seen other absolutely mint condition titles from WW2 that were without a doubt original. If there is a problem with this badge it will be in it's construction.

Comment

Okay, thanks Ken. The colors looked spot on and it was only the lettering that gave me cause for second guessing myself. I was really hoping that fakes weren't this good yet.

Comment

Thanks Ken!

Mike

Comment

Printed Title

No problem guys. I know what you mean about the lettering. It is always good to compare to known originals however the production of the 1CPB titles were difficult because of the white lettering. When they were printed originally that was one of the problems they had. It was difficult to print in white with letters / numbers that size even using the fine weave canvass. The ridges in the material still caused imperfections in the letters and number. Also check the weave of the hair-cord backing as it may not be easy to find an exact example to use in the production of a repro. The closest repros I have seen are the 3 Parachute Battalion titles. However they are TOO perfect in the lettering and the material is different front and back.

Ken

Originally posted by Mike McMenamin View Post
                      Thanks Ken!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by force136 View Post
                        the 3 Parachute Battalion titles
                        Ken, you are not suggesting that these were ever printed?

Luc

Comment

what?

Hi Luc

Not sure of your point? That the issue titles were printed? or that 3 Battalion titles were made? The 3 Battalion titles were made by the Canadian Airborne Heritage Association for their reinactments in the 80's. They also wore the restrike version of the UK officers badge. Obviously they were "printed".

Ken

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
                          Ken, you are not suggesting that these were ever printed?

Luc

Comment

Hi Ken

I think Luc thought you mean 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment! You had us worried

Jack

Comment

Yes I was referring to the British para titles.

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X