sas malayan group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sas malayan group

I dont really collect much british stuff but i was offered this stuff from the vets son today so bought it, the bush hat and machete are dated 45 ,the reme beret is 43 dated the maroon beret appears to have had a badge stitched on the front at some time the webbed belts are also wartime dated, the bd is dated 52, he was in D SQN sas regt malayan scouts but dont know what he did before malaya, rgds Dave
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting wrist band badge. I don't think I've ever seen one like it for a lance jack, though I know they were worn by sergeants in british tropical order, so it should be no surprise to see this one. The crossed sabres are interesting too. Are they British?

Peter

Comment

Nice haul

Hi Dave,
              A good little tickle there. Some nice pieces. Plastic scabbard on the No 4 as you would expect for the rainy jungle. Have you got a pic of the top of the beret.
              Regards,Ivan

Comment

Hi guys , the seller did tell me what he thought the crossed sabre badge was but i forgot, heres a couple of pics Ivan of berets weave, the 539 number in the beret and on his belts is the last three digits of his number,cheers Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

crossed sabres

Crossed sabres are PTI badge but not seen them displayed as this one,they look almost naval.

Comment

Nice well worn Malayan era moth type SAS wing.

JB
                    Originally posted by sscrooge View Post

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X