Boot brush set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot brush set

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one? It came with ww2 British officer’s kit, but it does not look British. The buttons look like the same style but the colour is not right.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Old Style Swiss Army Kit. The newer ones come in a ruberised Carrier with Boot and Uniform Brushes, Polish and Sewing Kit.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have just found a picture of what I think is a West German breadbag, which is made from the same canvas.
        Attached Files

Comment

Swiss breqdbag, WW2 thru the 60's. It should be maker marked and dated somewhere on the leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Grabenkater View Post
            Swiss breqdbag, WW2 thru the 60's. It should be maker marked and dated somewhere on the leather.
            For sure used into the 70's but I think I also have some 1980's ones. Must check when I found the Boxes in my Storage.
            Typical Swiss "Salt & Pepper" Equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by nickwall View Post
              Does anyone have any thoughts on this one? It came with ww2 British officer’s kit, but it does not look British. The buttons look like the same style but the colour is not right.
              As far as I know there never was or has been an issued boot cleaning kit - it is a personal purchase item, usually from the NAAFI.

Comment

I was issued 2 plain back boot brushes (1 small, polish on & 1 large, polish off) and a brown varnished large brush for clothing, I was one intake behind getting a razor, shaving brush and soap dish, although we did get a soap dish later on.

Marc (British Army)

Comment

So it looks like this British officer has picked up a Swiss army brush holder for his brushes, which are marked "BROWN ON" and "BROWN OFF".

Comment

Originally posted by nickwall View Post
                    So it looks like this British officer has picked up a Swiss army brush holder for his brushes, which are marked "BROWN ON" and "BROWN OFF".
                    Maybe?
                    BTW: the large and small Pouches with the Button Flaps are for the Boot Polish and a Sewing Kit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X