British crusader mk1 on crete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British crusader mk1 on crete

GDAY EVERYONE AS FAR AS I KNOW THERE IS NO MENTION IN ANY BOOK I HAVE READ ON THE BATTLE OF CRETE THAT MENTIONS A CRUSADER TANK AS BEING THERE DURING THE BATTLE,THOUGH OF ALL THE MATILDAS AND VICKERS TANKS ON THE ISLAND THERE IS ONLY A FEW ACCOUNTS WRITTEN ON SOME OF THEM . IT LOOKS LIKE THE TANK IS IN TH EPERIVOLIA RETHYMNON AREA GOING BY THE HILLS IN THE BACKGROUND.
    THIS PHOTO CAME FROM A PARATROOPER PHOTO ALBUM OF CRETE AND IS WRITTEN KRETA ON THE REVERSE. ANY HELP IS MOST APPRECIATED. MIKE

Hello Mike. I wouldnt say that this foto is in Crete at all. The hills are not known to me, neither the terrain. In Perivolia the ground was sandy and with many Cretan plants. Also there were more hauses but not of this style. Generaly speaking photos from Perivolia are very rare.

Comment

crusader

Hello Skarts thanks for your help. it could be on the mainland but you never no with some photos. not being anything in the background to help identify it.it could also be another case of find a photo and write "kreta" in pencil on the back and sell it with other definite photos in the market place somewhere.

yes i have not seen many photos taken at Perivolia at all. do you have any in your collection ?. thanks again for the help. Mike

Comment

Tank id

I think this tank could be a cruiser mark 4 variant any other opinions out there ?
        Mike

Comment

mikesmythe is correct it is not a Crusader at at but Cruiser MKIV or better yet A13 MKII

The Crusader has 5 road wheels not 4.

Comment

tank on crete

Hello byterock thanks very much for your reply it could be a photo from the greek mainland that someone has written on the reverse either by mistake or to help boost its sale value.

Mike

Comment

I did hear there were Brit tanks on Crete in a book by whats his face . Rob

I found him this bloke . Rob
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ROBB; 03-28-2012, 02:56 AM.
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X