Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Tank crews camo overalls

Hello Everyone,

My friend has this here suit that A. Would like to know how rare it is.
    B. What would be a fair price for it
    C. If the offer is reasonable, anyone would be interested in it...

Here it is
    Attached Files

part of inside
    Attached Files

Comment

tag...
      Attached Files

Comment

rear view legs
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stoneagegixer, this is a Jungle Tanksuit. It is identical to the tan coloured "Pixie suit" worn in North West Europe in 1944/45. They were designed to be worn in the jungle or heavily wooded areas. These would have been worn over either the Battle Dress in winter or the cotton underwear in summer. Going from photographic evidence, it appears that this suit did not much use in WW2.

I would rate it as scarce, but they do not sell that well due to the lack of their use in WW2. I would estimate a value of £50.

Please do not be mislead by one book which calls them "Denison Tank suits" worn by Airborne Armoured units!

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian,

Thank you for the reply, it was most informative. I was going to buy it from my friend just because I like the look of it but the cash isn't there right now. i can't believe that it is worth so little. Eventhough you say it is rare/scarce yet its only 50 pounds. German coveralls would be 10 times as much or more, wow. I guess if the Germans won we'd be collecting their uniforms for 50 pounds...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X