VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Parachute Regiment - cap badge experts, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Parachute Regiment - cap badge experts, please help!

Hi,

I bought this one recently and I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is an original?

Thanks from Jack.

Reverse.

Comment

Hmmm I wouldn't want to even hazard a guess...as I couldn't tell you what to look for. But it's certainly a handsome and well struck badge, and very convincing if it is indeed a fake...I wish our modern badges were half as well struck at that example!

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Hello
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Very tricky to say really . I have not seen a real one ,there are a couple in Peter Taylors book but they look different .I would expect them to be Indian made and thus a tad poor quality.Hopefully Ade has a real one he can show us ,Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Jack, here is mine, which is a fake. I took a chance at a general antiques fair at Great Yarmouth and bought this for £4.95. Once I got home I telephoned a (now retired) dealer friend of mine, Trevor Bate. Trevor used to supply restrikes to the trade, as well as Indian made repro cloth. All sold as copies. As I mentioned last night, he asked about the metals used on the badge. Once I told him he confirmed they were copies and mentioned he knew who made them. The badges are copper coloured metal with a "silver" plate on top.

This now brings me to your badge and the difficulty of passing judgement from a photo on a PC screen. Last night I thought that the detail of the lion tail was different to my fake. Now tonight, with these new pics you have posted I see they actually look the same as mine. My badge is clean and polished whereas yours is maybe blackened by chemical means to hide the odd finish on these fakes.

I will now post a pic of the front and back of mine. I would draw attention to a die flaw on the reverse that is present on both badges. Now that does not make yours fake; the copies could be struck from original dies? This I cannot confirm. But double check on the metal used in the construction of yours.

Hope this helps?

Sorry I wish I had a known original to post

Cheers, Ade.
            Attached Files

Comment

Fake reverse

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys

All I can say is that it looks very like Ade's fake

I'm off to look at Peter Taylor's masterpiece now

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X