Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown tank pin

Hi,

Any help IDing the attached tank pin would be appreciated. British WW1 tank design with number 9649 at the rear of the tank. in line with the side turret. It's about 43mm long. Basemetal unknown (?zinc) and it appears to have a thin slver plate over a ?copper undercoat. Definitely die struck, not cast. Hardware appears "European" (possibly even German) but the pin came out of the US.

Ideas?

Regards
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Looks like a souvineer pin for members of the public probably from a visit to the Cambrai battlefield post WW1 . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I agree with Rob's comment Mike. It may be worthwhile sending the image to the Bovington Tank Museum, they may be able to comment. It is interesting that it has a number on the tank, possibly has some meaning or significance. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Thanks gents, I'll give them a try and if I get any reply, I'll update the thread.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X