This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luc ,I must agree with Jack here .

Wat was the point otherwise to post this beret out of the many listings a week like this one.

A pm could have brought the matter to Jacks attention aswell.

Johan

Comment

Originally posted by jelle View Post
      Luc ,I must agree with Jack here .

Wat was the point otherwise to post this beret out of the many listings a week like this one.

A pm could have brought the matter to Jacks attention aswell.

Johan
      I thought the same, and why mention this one but not this
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or this
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Lee

Comment

The dealer has a detailed seller rating of 1,465 on this account plus another 14,734 on his other account and he has a webshop.

That makes him an experienced seller. A dogdy beret from an experienced seller, nothing more and nothing less.

Johan, a seller alone is responsible for his listings. If I had I alerted Jack it would have shifted (part of) the responsibility to him which is not fair.
        I was contacted by 2 fellow collectors for a second opinion about this beret, I told them it wasn't a correct WWII beret. Since we have a growing community of British SF collectors on this forum I decided to show it here.

Lee, I never post items I'm interested in myself.

Basta!

Luc

Comment

[QUOTELee, I never post items I'm interested in myself.

Basta!

Luc[/QUOTE]

But surely the two I mentioned above were wrong as well?
          Lee

Comment

Yes Lee they were wrong.

Lee, this year same place at Beltiring like last year??

Comment

For Lee,

Are you going to the Beltring Lee maybe it's better to have a appointment there then all mine useless attempts to contact you via the pm.
              Regards Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Old Smelly View Post
                the two I mentioned above were wrong as well?
                They both have some issues yes.
                The one from seller stalagluft is not made by Kangol, the space between the two dotted diamonds shows is more likely made by Supak Manufacturing Co Ltd or British Beret Basque Ltd.
                I don't believe the stampings on the beret from seller St.Ives are genuine. The font type is wrong, the shape of the broad arrow is wrong as is the distance between the two dotted diamonds.

However, both berets do have all properties of a WWII period made beret (that is from 1942 up to around 1950). I'd love to see the results of a spray test, I would not be surprised to find these did not require sexing up with fake stampings.

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
                  They both have some issues yes.

However, both berets do have all properties of a WWII period made beret (that is from 1942 up to around 1950). I'd love to see the results of a spray test, I would not be surprised to find these did not require sexing up with fake stampings.

Luc
                  Hi Luc
                  I think you could be right, good berets with washed out markingd that have been restamped, would have been better left as is, a spray test might have revealed something good
                  lee

Comment

Originally posted by dens-mil View Post

Lee, this year same place at Beltiring like last year??
                    Do you mean the beer tent?

Comment

Yep ... the beer tent ....... as always

Comment

Originally posted by Old Smelly View Post
                        Do you mean the beer tent?

Yep

Comment

wow this 42 dated denison just sold for £2000 on ebay
                          Attached Files

Comment

Lovely looking hand-paint . That's what happens when two people want something badly.

Comment

Ridiculous, stupid,.... something to forget before you know people are thinking that this is the courant price for a smock that has gnawed cuffs You have to be very greedy to pay such enormous price

Comment

Would go great with the 3000 pounds fibrerim sold last week on ebay

Johan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X