Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Items

Hi All,

Just thought I would share my Commonwealth/South African medals/collection. All commments are welcome - Most of it is pretty common stuff!

Could anyone tell me the value of the Cape Colony medal pictured below/top left
    Overview:

South Africa Medal with Cape Colony Bar/1914/18 Star/??(Forgot name)/Victory Medal/Netherland Wings/RAF Wings from Battle of Britain (My Greats Uncles)/RAF Cap Badge/Medals Bars/medal ribbons/SA Navy Strike Craft Badge/WWII Petty Officer Naval Capg Badge/SA Navy Cap Badges/SA Nacy Cuff Title/Unkown Ribbon/South Africa WWII War Medal

Cape Colony:

Last edited by dphillipsd; 06-10-2004, 10:46 AM.

Hi David,

Your medal is the Queen's South Africa Medal with Cape Colony Bar,and value depends upon which branch of the services it was awarded to.

here are a list of values taken from the Medal Year Book 2004.

Royal Navy:£200-£220
    British Army: £60-£70
    SA/Indian Army:£60-£70
    Aus/NZ Army:£50-£55
    Canadian Army:£120-£130

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much. I am unsure as to what branch it was awarded to as I was given it when last in South Africa, so probably South African, but it has this engraved if it helps:
      94 PTE JW HOPTROUGH V.T.G

Any idea to the value of the either medals, as I am working out insurance for my collection.

Comment

The only unit I can come up with that has anything close to those initials would be the Veld Drift Town Guard - a South African unit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X