Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI Victory Medal + General Service Medal w. Malaya clasp

Hello All:

I am totally out of my area on this but today I was at an antique market and took a chance on a couple of medals. Just wanted to get an idea if I paid a decent price for them.

WWI Victory Medal to a Private in the 31st Canadian Infantry - paid $25 Can.

1918-1962 George VI General Service Medal with Malaya clasp to a Sgt. in the Royal Army Service Corps - paid $60 Can.

Thanks in advance
    Curt

Originally posted by Curt Steinbach View Post
    Hello All:

I am totally out of my area on this but today I was at an antique market and took a chance on a couple of medals. Just wanted to get an idea if I paid a decent price for them.

WWI Victory Medal to a Private in the 31st Canadian Infantry - paid $25 Can.

1918-1962 George VI General Service Medal with Malaya clasp to a Sgt. in the Royal Army Service Corps - paid $60 Can.

Thanks in advance
    Curt
    Fair prices mate, the WW1 Vic you got for around £5 less than retail. Have you checked if he was a casualty? if you give me hs name and number I will check.

The GSM to the ASC you piad about £15 to £20 below dealer prices. They don't sell fast though and are not very sought after.

Cheers Adam

Comment

You did especially well on the GSM, clasp Malaya. The RASC is not a "sexy" unit, which keeps the price down. It seems as if medal prices still continue to rise, with no end in sight!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Thanks for the super quick feedback guys. I don't feel so bad about my purchases now!

Curt

Comment

If you are interested in passing the vic to the 31st along i'd be very interested. If not let me know the details and i can help you with your research.

Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X