WW2 British officer's Cot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 British officer's Cot

I recently picked up this cot at an MV show. The guy said it was a WW2 British officer's cot, this one being issued in Canada. I have never seen one before and there's no marking that I can see other than the officer's name on one end flap,were these issue items?
    Attached Files

it sita about 8" off the ground with a metal rod frame that is in 4 pieces plus the legs
    Attached Files

Comment

end flap
      Attached Files

Comment

another angle
        Attached Files

Comment

frame detail
          Attached Files

Comment

I have owned two of these and have handled two others. None of them were C broad arrow marked. One was dated in the early fifties and the other one I bought was named to an officer in the RCHA, doing some research I found he only served post war.
            My assumption is that these are post war private purchase items, but that is not 100% proven fact.

Comment

These Beds are still in use. I have some with NSN from the 1970's and 80's in my storage. They're really great and with the French Mattress Roll they're really Comfy.
              BTW: the flaps get secured with a Cord, fixed in the middle to keep a Mattress in place.

Comment

I don't know if these were used during the war or only post war, but would agree that they are a private purchase item. Same goes for the officer style sleeping bags that are sometimes seen and are probably from the same time frame.

Comment

Troy,

May I suggest the perfect accessory for your new bed.......a genuine recording of "Kiss Me Goodnight Sergeant-Major."

Mike

Comment

thanks for the info! I'm going to put it with my next jeep restoration which is going to be British airborne, here's a picture of the body just painted!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
                      I don't know if these were used during the war or only post war, but would agree that they are a private purchase item. Same goes for the officer style sleeping bags that are sometimes seen and are probably from the same time frame.
                      Maybe they're PP from that timeframe, today they're Government Issue as I have some with NSN.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X