Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions for Ade and/or Jack

Ade/Jack,

could either one of you possibly tell me if the printed pegasus below is an original or a post war copy?

I also have a 2nd pattern Para helmet for several years now. I has a unit insignia on the right side of it but I have never been able to find out which unit it might have belonged to. Does either one of you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance!
    Attached Files

Here's the helmet.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

The unit symbol.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben, I have never seen an original Pegasus made like the one you show. There was insignia made this way during the war; I have shown a South Eastern Command flash on the forum before made this way. I would say that overall it is original and good, but different from the majority that you see of the conventional screen printed pattern. I like to keep up to date with copies and I have not observed any made this way.

The helmet is a beauty. I love the correct light grey/green shade of paint of these. I am sorry but I cannot ID the formation sign.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Great helmet Ben

I think I've just fallen in love

I would agree with Ade on the pegasus patch. It looks like a good original to me and I have not seen this type reproduced before. However, it is different from the more usual pattern that is encountered. I have also seen other formation signs made in the same way.

The unit marking on the helmet has thrown me a little. I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

Ben please show us some more shots of the helmet ,the liner etc its a cracker ,Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Ditto what Jack said

Comment

Hi Ade and Jack,

thank you so much for the info!!
                I'm really sorry if I threw you a little. The problem was that someone suggested that the pegasus patches could possibly be post-war! This startled me a bit as these are on a veteran acquired BD jacket. Hence my questions to the experts.

I just wanted to show you the insignia first before I showed the tunic, just so that they could stand on their own merit.
                In fact they are on the moth-riddled BD jacket that belonged to Corporal (later in the war Sgt.) J. Kane of the Ox & Bucks and who is of "Pegasus Bridge" fame.

I promised Jack to post some pictures of it as soon as I had found it again, so here they are. Please don't hesitate to give me any opinion on it, good or bad.
                The helmet comes from Holland and is a 1942 dated BMB. I have never seen the symbol before myself either but it must have been something that was used with the 1st Airborne Division.

Anyway guys, thank you very much again!!!
                Please enjoy.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ben; 06-05-2004, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry for the crappy pictures but my camera is on the blink.

Here's some more of the helmet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The liner.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Excellent stuff Ben!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X