WW1 British Helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 British Helmet?

Forum Members, This is my first post in this section of the forum, so I hope you can solve my question......I came across what was being sold as a WW1 doughboy helmet.....After looking it over, I noticed the finish was smooth olive drab and not the textured khaki...The chinstrap was typical of the WW2 style British cloth and not leather......The liner however was right for the WW1 type......There was absolutely no markings on the inside rim......The reason I believe it's British is because the chinstrap brackets are held on to by split pin style rivets......

My thoughts are likely a WW1 British made helmet which was pushed into service during WW2.....Does this sound about right?......Any information appreciated as usual.....Bodes

A Picture would help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
      A Picture would help a lot.

Nico, It's in an antique shop about 85 miles away......I was hoping somebody perhaps could tell by the lack of any marks on the inner rim and a description......Bodes

Comment

These helmets are not British. I have seen no evidence that they are even military-issue.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X