P40 BD trousers - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P40 BD trousers - help

As I'm no expert when it comes to British made battledress, can someone please give these 1940 patttern trousers the thumbs up (or down!). I'm especially concerned about the greenish colour of the wool serge material.

Many Thanks

maybe with some repairs in the waistband section but still a nice original British P40 pattern

Z='45

Comment

Hello,

As I am the seller of these trousers I can tell you that the true color is not accurately represented in the photos. The trousers are much more "brown" in color in hand.

Cheers,
      Greg

Comment

Hi
        These look ok, there are slight variations in colour on British BD between manufacturers, they will not all be the same colour
        lee

Comment

Originally posted by GregK View Post
          Hello,

As I am the seller of these trousers I can tell you that the true color is not accurately represented in the photos. The trousers are much more "brown" in color in hand.

Cheers,
          Greg
          Greg, unfortunately it apears the trousers have now sold. I was actually going to make contact with you via ebay to ask about these but I didn't think I'd get a reply soon enough with the difference in time zones.

Thanks to all who replied to this post.

Comment

I thought P'40 didn't have belt loops?

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
              I thought P'40 didn't have belt loops?

Luc
              Not sure myself but according to the second post in the following thread, there were two slightly different P'40 trousers:-

http://wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/vi...hp?f=1&t=68943

Comment

Early examples of the battledress trousers did have belt loops and as mention later varations exist with it too. Here is a standard pair of trousers I have for sale who dont have the belt loops, where the color are not to wrong :

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Ellingstad View Post
                  [SIZE=4][COLOR=white]Here is a standard pair of trousers I have for sale

Carl, these are a bit smaller than the size I wanted but if the price is right....pm sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave J View Post
                    there were two slightly different P'40 trousers
                    Thanks!

Luc

Comment

Here is a example of the other varation discussed in this thread with belt loops:

Comment

These trousers are a strange mix of both early-war and economy versions. They have the brown plastic buttons which are visible on the pocket flaps which means they are definitely P40 in origin. The belt loops have therefore been added or may be very early post-war when the loops were re-introduced. As stated, the Z stamp means 1945 production.

The last pair of pictured trousers are a little misleading. They are the early-war 'Battledress trousers, serge' with brass buttons, concealed under the pocket flaps and with different shaped belt loops. This pair, in a very rare size 17, also seem to have had the tabs removed from the ankles. They are a different model from those at the start of the post.

I honestly don't know how or why the belt loops got onto this pair of trousers but they do look authentic, albeit with the altered waistband.

Matthew

Comment

Love those Made in Belfast ones !!!

Comment

For those who find the serge example interesting its in my sale box now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X