X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maker-mark closeup.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee, there is nothing wrong with this cap or the badge. 100% original in my opinion. I think Jack was only refering to a badge, but I am not sure which cap he was talking about?

Hi Jack, are you refering to the badge on the WW1 cap? If so, can you add the reasons why you feel the badge is suspect please?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I need a pic of the front !!

Hi,
        The linner on the 1st pattern RAF is correct WW1 period private purchase. I need a pic of the badge and front. Also UV back light check the hat for any additions or modern fibers.
        Pre WW1 eagles tend to be either 3D in design and constructed without a dip in the tail.
        Regards
        WW1wingman

Comment

Hi all,

When I said I thought the cap badge was reproduction I meant the WW2 cap. I reckon the WW1 cap is ok but you just have to be careful that it has not been "put together" using later insignia etc.

The reason why I believed the cap badge on the WW2 cap to be a repro one because it looked very similar to the repros I have seen. I'll post a photo when I find one. But since Lee has posted more photos my opinion has changed!

The cap badge now looks much more like a WW2 one plus it is dirty and there is not much flash reflection off it!

So congratulations on a nice cap!

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

Here is the photo comparison - they look like two different badges! My only other concern was on other WW2 caps I've seen the badge has been been sewn down very securely, this one looks like it has just been pinned on. But that doesn't mean much anyway...
            Last edited by Jack Dutton; 06-02-2004, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Here is a picture of a nice WW1 cap like the one earlier in the thread.

Comment

Liner etc...

Comment

So if I had to pass judgement on the WW1 cap Lee originally posted I'd say it was most likely a good one after seeing this one on the internet.

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X