A Lucky Find Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Lucky Find Today

It is nice to have a little luck for a change.
    I was driving down my local high street, whilst passing a second hand shop something caught my eye.... so emergency stop.. park on double yellow lines... dart across the road with my 16 month year old under my arm and...

Smock, December 1943.... £3...!!!

Leather Jerkin, label missing....£10... the chap apologised for it being expensive, but it was leather....

String Vest x2 look like the military issue type... £1.50 each..
    Attached Files

The seller said all the items came from a house clearance. And whilst technically not military. I picked up what I presume is the guys demob suit aswell, note CC41 utility label.... this was expensive £15... the seller liked this bit best as he thought it could still be worn!!!!!

I feel I've been lucky today... but it proves stuff is still about..
    Attached Files

Comment

wow nice find, what would be the dealers price for this lot then?

Comment

demob suit

Would you mind explaining the demob suit and label for someone totally unfamiliar with them. Did the government issue suits?

Comment

Great find Also dapper looking suit, looks in wearable condition too, so you have some new threads and collectables

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            Would you mind explaining the demob suit and label for someone totally unfamiliar with them. Did the government issue suits?
            A demob suit is a suit of civilian clothing given to all serviceman on demobilisation from the armed forces at the end of the war.
            The CC41 label is a standard utility label introduced by the government in 1941 to indicate the no frills, no waste approach to clothing.
            So thinking about it, the suit may not be a demob suit, as these may have had military labels? not sure, someone will know better than I , but it is a utility suit produced under rationing conditions during or immediately post war.

Comment

Great find , is that a rare camo jerkin? Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Nice and cheap that what i like

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                  Great find , is that a rare camo jerkin? Rob
                  I'm not sure if it is camo or not to be honest or if it is just a darker brown mottling to the leather? if camo it is very subtle.

Comment

camo jerkin

Greetings David: The camo on most jerkins was very subtle.....I believe this one to be a camo. Depending on manufacturers the label could have been stamped camouflage but seeing this label is gone , I would say again this one is a camo
                    Best Regards
                    Zeke

Comment

Congrat's ! I really like to find this stuff here in my Shops I got to.

Comment

Originally posted by David H View Post
                        The seller said all the items came from a house clearance. And whilst technically not military. I picked up what I presume is the guys demob suit aswell, note CC41 utility label.... this was expensive £15... the seller liked this bit best as he thought it could still be worn!!!!!

I feel I've been lucky today... but it proves stuff is still about..
                        I have some of the Demob Shoes in light brown Leather with a large embossed Arrow on the side.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X