Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Slouch Hat - 9th Division

Hi guys,

The truth is I'm specific on my German collecting but an Australian. Just recently whislt watching the "In their Footsteps" TV series on channel 9 I have had a rush of partriotism towards our great men and women that fought for our country in WW2 so I have now focused my energy for the short term on collecting a little Australian WW2 memorabilia for a display I'm putting together.

My first addition is this lovely 9th Division Slouch hat from the 2/32nd Batallion I believe?

Please all comments most welcome and this is my first posting in this thread so glad to meet you all!!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

5. It also came with a pair of dust goggles and is dated 1942. The chin strap is original but has been replaced with a new period example.
          Attached Files

Comment

I just recieved an awaesome period multi construction Australian flag that i haven't got pics of yet to go with it and I'm in the process of collecting a few other bits in pieces I have in mind to display with it as well and ulimately I have the opposite in German militaria for a freind and foe display as well... Just getting it all sorted as we speak.

Also in the market for some AIF medals with the Africa, Pacific star combination if anyone has any up for sale please let me know.

Cheers for looking!
            JustinC

Comment

Mate, bloody nice slouch hat. I'm like you - I really like my German and Japanese militaria, but I've always got a soft spot for the diggers. Nice work.

Mat

Comment

Thanks Mat, it's a part of our heritage that should be remembered and respected!
                Peace to all!
                J

Comment

Nice hat mate, but the colour patch is actually for 9th Division Australian Electrical and Mechanical Enigineers not the 2/32nd

Comment

Aha! Cheers mate, wasn't totally sure but that has clarified it!
                    Cheers!

Comment

http://www.army.gov.au/stayarmy/RAEME.asp
                      ;-)

Comment

Yeah thats the one. They were only know as AEME during ww2 though, They didnt get the Royal title until some time after the war.
                        What sort of gear are you after mate? PM me what you are after I should be able to help you out with some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Trance_Eyes View Post
                          Aha! Cheers mate, wasn't totally sure but that has clarified it!
                          Cheers!
                          No problem mate, The colour patch system can become very confusing.
                          I actually have a 2/32nd hat I will post some pics up for you after the footy.

Comment

That's a really nice slouch hat!

I 'm also after a nice, untouched example, as I have focused my collecting in Greek and N. Africa/Mediterranean Campaign British/Commonwealth militaria and the Diggers gave some fierce, although hopeless fights during the German invasion in Greece!

Originally posted by Trance_Eyes View Post
                            5. It also came with a pair of dust goggles and is dated 1942. The chin strap is original but has been replaced with a new period example.
                            These are actually not dust goggles per se, but anti gas eye shields, part of the anti-gas equipment. Made famous by Rommel, they were much more practical in the role you mentioned than the one they were actually intended for...

Best regards,
                            Giorgos

Comment

Originally posted by stray_dog View Post
                              That's a really nice slouch hat!

I 'm also after a nice, untouched example, as I have focused my collecting in Greek and N. Africa/Mediterranean Campaign British/Commonwealth militaria and the Diggers gave some fierce, although hopeless fights during the German invasion in Greece!

Best regards,
                              Giorgos
                              Better start saving your money Giorgos, nice unmessed with ones are getting really hard to find now and good infantry ones are getting quite expensive too.
                              Did you finally end up putting your sacred squadron set up together?

Luke.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X