X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Tank Badge.

Real or fake?http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1308259363
    Attached Files

Jim, I have noticed several silver New Zealand badges that are being offered on Ebay at the moment.
    I am very dubious as to their originality and IMO suspect that they are fakes.

The following pictures show a Gaunt made 11th Taranaki Rifles badge.
    While it appears to be die struck, viewing the badge from the back, the missing letters in the scrolls suggest to me that the badge is cast.

Looking at the tank badge you have provided, I am seeing some very close similarities.
    Basically it too looks like a fake to me.

However I am no expert on British badges and would recommend that you post it on the British Badge forum for a wider range of opinions.
    Brent

Comment

Thanks Brent. I think you're right. I see the similarities also. This one is on eBay, being sold by a seller who calls himself badgeman. He has a few bad reviews concerning replicas and fakes, but eBay still gives him a 99%! I'll stay away from this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelhelmJim View Post
        Thanks Brent. I think you're right. I see the similarities also. This one is on eBay, being sold by a seller who calls himself badgeman. He has a few bad reviews concerning replicas and fakes, but eBay still gives him a 99%! I'll stay away from this one.
        There are a load of badges stamped 'silver' on the market at the moment, esp Ebay, most are fakes as far as I am aware
        Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X