Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific, 1st and 8th Army clasps opinion please

Hi,
    Could someone please tell if these clasps are Ok?

Thank you!!
    Best Regards
    Edward

Look fine to me.

Gareth

Comment

Here's my 8th army bar as you can see the holes are snug to the edge pattern.
      The colours off thats the photo not the bar ,I believe the holes should be snug to the corner pattern as in my example which was bought direct from the vets family.Regards Roger
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        thank you guys for you opinion!

Roger, I agree with you but I also believe that the holes were done manually, then it is normal that some holes were drilled a little displaced. Your clasp has left holes a little displaced, far less than in that I posted (and the letters are worn). These clasps below exemplify what I mean.

Your opinions were very helpful!!

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vostradeis View Post
          Hi,
          thank you guys for you opinion!

Roger, I agree with you but I also believe that the holes were done manually, then it is normal that some holes were drilled a little displaced. Your clasp has left holes a little displaced, far less than in that I posted (and the letters are worn). These clasps below exemplify what I mean.

Your opinions were very helpful!!

Thank you.
          Hi,
          I agree that the small holes can vary in spacing as you state (a tiny bit) but I don't like these two bars, they are not oiginal imo.

Comment

I also think those two are fakes ,the left holes in my bar are not out of place it's the angle of the photo,it was taken slightly to the right .Roger

Comment

Hi,
              Thank you very much again guys.
              I avoided these clasps. But to me the more strange than the holes (ok, they are at wrong places) was the characters (up borders) and the wave not so "crisp".

Best Regards
              Edward.

Comment

Hi Edward I think their's a discusion thread on fake bars on the british medal forum http://www.britishmedalforum.com Regards Roger

Comment

Hi RMR,
                  thank you for the tip. I went to the british medal forum and there 2 guys said these clasp are ok... At northeastmedals.co.uk I said some afica star clasps with holes a little misplaced....

best Regards
                  Edward

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X