Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Pilots escape map

Hi
    I have given to me by my mother (who was Belgian) a WW2 silk escape map. It consists of plates "C & D", Northwest Europe and Western Germany. The IWM cant give me a price on it. Any info would be nice along with value and rarity.

Ubique
    Laurence

Hi Laurence is their a story that comes with the map ,like how it ended up in Belgium with your mother ,usually they go for £25 + ,Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Escape Map

Hi Robb

All I know is mom lived in Belgium during the war, in or around Vervies, (not sure if thats spelt right), She also told me that they used them for clothing. I never got any other info out of her, But the was an American L/Col oak leaf and 2 silver Lt bars that came with it. I dont know if that one has a war time story with it, as Mom passed away last fall, but I am going to try and see if I can contact some of her family, and see what I can find out. I dont know whats left of them, I know her immeadiate family are all dead, There is a cousin in Montreal, Sorry I cant tell you more. When I get Associate membership I will post some pic's. Do you know if there are many left?

Thanks for the info
      Laurence

Comment

Hi Laurence here is mine dated 1944 and made from silk .I think they are being reproduced ,so take care if purchasing one .Rob

Comment

Where is date

Hi Robb

I just looked at mine and can't find a "date", the only thing I can see is the sides are marke 43\C and 43/D in the top right hand corner. I am not really worried about it being fake because its ben in our family since I can remember, and I am a few months shy of 50.

Thanks Laurence

Comment

All the British ones I have see are marked and dated ,perhaps your is American ,Rob

Comment

Hi Laurence,
              A nice item !!
              I have a few of them, given by Belgian S.A.S. veterans. They were used by them after Normandy 1944.
              They are not easy to find and will catch some $ when sold!
              Marc b
              www.militariasales.com

Comment

Allo Marc

The pictures you saw were not mine. Are yours dated also?
                Laurence

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
                  Hi Laurence here is mine dated 1944 and made from silk .I think they are being reproduced ,so take care if purchasing one .Rob
                  Is this an escape map? - it looks like a silk or nylon aircrew map, but I know next to nothing about these things. I have a few similar maps of different areas, but mine were "normal" maps used in aircraft, some American, some British, not specifically escape maps.

Comment

Hi Leigh good question ,its printed on lightweight thin silk and it has a note of the borders and the adress of Rene Atoirs cafe .Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
                      Hi Leigh good question ,its printed on lightweight thin silk and it has a note of the borders and the adress of Rene Atoirs cafe .Rob
                      It's tompting to slip into the 'Allo 'Allo gendarmes tortured vowels here, but as I've spent the last year saying "A pont off beer please borman" & "How moch is your soster?" in tetum, I'll rofrain.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X