Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Free Polish Army

Gentlemen

I'm not sure if this is the right place or even if this badge is a genuine Free Polish Badge. I am being offered it as such. I think it should have something clutched in its talons which has broken off.

Any Polish experts here or should I post in another place.

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

and the reverse
    Attached Files
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

James, it has the appearance of a Polish parachute qualification wing but it isn't for various reasons: it isn't numbered and it doesn't have a screw fitting for starters.
      It may be a sweetheart badge, or perhaps an item made for reenactors.

Luc

Comment

Defin

Definite copy of a GR-TECH style wing.

Gary J.

Comment

Thanks Gentlemen,

Is there a good reference for WW2 Free Polish medals, badges & insignia?

All the best

James

Comment

In

In Polish, but very comprehensive graphically ... (Breast Badges)

"Odznacki Wojska Polskiego 1918 -1945"

Pantera books.

ISBN 978-83-204-3299-2

Gary J.

Comment

Thanks Gary for the book recommendation.

Another question

Monte Cassino crosses are all numbered. Is there a database of recipients anywhere?

Again many thanks

James

Comment

There

There is a listing at the Sikorski Institute in London, which I believe covers most of the issue numbers ..

Also a few rumours in the pipeline that someone was considering publishing the listing ...

Gary J.

Comment

Gary

You are such a star

wielkie dzięki

James

Comment

Could it not be a British made badge, the pin clasp on the rear is identical to British made US Glider and Para Wings, i have several, i also have one of these Polish Paratrooper badges?

I have quite a few Monte Cassino Crosses and other Polish items, where were the original Polish Para badges made? The Polish Para's were formed in Scotland in 1941 right ?

Comment

These badges were made only by two companies, GR TECH and Kirkwood.

I would pass on this one.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I did not pay much for mine, so i am going to keep it. I picked mine up with other geniune items from a Polish Family.

The first badge's were produced in 1941 by order of Army General Władysław Sikorski , the combat paratroopers badge were not produced until November 44 after Market Garden, thats when the wreath was added to the talons of the bird.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X