No announcement yet.

Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jack, yes, Harlan's Indian made fakes were truly awful.... Sadly many books help sell fakes

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...243684372&rd=1

Interesting. It went for an criminal £205.

Many thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
        Hi Jack, yes, Harlan's Indian made fakes were truly awful.... Sadly many books help sell fakes

Cheers, Ade.
        Hi Ade what are Harlans Indian made fakes and which books do you refer to ,so that I can avoid them ,thankyou ,Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Robb, sadly Harlan Glenn used many fake peices of insignia in his book "For King & Country". It is a good book, (indeed I am on the front cover, plus 70 odd times inside. Not that I have counted.. ) and a lot of my collection is used in it.

The problem lies that the fake insignia is not labeled as such. I do not mind a repro item being used to represent an un-obtainable item but this needs to be clearly stated in the text.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I dont have that book . I agree with you fakes should be labelled ,Cheers Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Another Airborne BD on eBay

Here's another Airborne BD on eBay. The seller admits he's not an expert. Thanks for letting us know!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...246087829&rd=1

You get an authentic post-war Greek BD with the plastic buttons from a denim BD on the epaulettes, a set of authentic US IKE jacket buttons on the front and at the cuffs, and authentic 1990s vintage WW2 Airborne patches randomly placed on the sleeves. This is clearly an authentic officer's BD because it has two metal pips on each epaulette, not to mention the open neck, common to tailored officer BD of the period. Unfortunately, I can't make out the ribband, but there may be an authentic Timbuctu civic band ribbon on this bar, making this very scarce, indeed! And the opening price is only $1 (although there is a reserve price, perhaps $2?); a bargain by anyone's standards! Of course, you cannot give credit to the poor Canuck seller of this jacket, as it was given by the vet himself to a guy in Texas (Oh, you're from Texas? I know an guy in Texas named John, do you know him?).

In any event, I regret that I have already spent my allowance for militaria this month, so I thought I would leave this item for you real Airborne collectors. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton
                This is even funnier and what is more the seller emailed me telling me that I might be interested in it! Which is illegal I think? Paki repro patches I believe?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...243684372&rd=1

Thanks from Jack.
                I saw this but was dubious about it. Not sure why but just thought that it looked dodgey for some reason. Was there a light tank squadron?

Comment

Hi Ciaran, I have answered your question here

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...028#post450028

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Adrian for your help. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Ciaran, my friend, Steve, has just got back to me. He has found a couple of poor quailty photos which show the blouse in wear. The insignia consists of the "Light Tank Sqd" shoulder title, Pegasus and Airborne title strips. The photos do not show the lower cuff, so it is impossible to say if the glider or AFV badges are being worn. Steve has been unable to contact the Vet up to now, as he may well be away on holiday.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for that Adrian. The battledress blouse offered on Ebay was dubious in that it did not have the "AIRBORNE" patch on the arms, you comments now confirm that it must have been a fake.
                        Was there any mention of cap badges in these photographs?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran Byrne
                          Thanks for that Adrian. The battledress blouse offered on Ebay was dubious in that it did not have the "AIRBORNE" patch on the arms, you comments now confirm that it must have been a fake.
                          Was there any mention of cap badges in these photographs?
                          It must be added that airlanding units did not always wear the AIRBORNE strip. If the other badges on the BD were real, which they were not, the item would have been a steal at £205. The LIGHT TANK SQUADRON titles are next to unobtainable. Does anyone know who owns the example in Peter Taylor's book?

Thanks from Jack.

Comment

Hi Guys, I will post a list of all the known cap badges worn by 6th A/B Armoured Recce. It will be sometime next week as Steve, who has compiled the list, has gone away on holiday.

The wearing of the "Airborne" strip is something that, 6th A/B in particular, had trouble with regarding the regulations

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hmmm nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...246518977&rd=1

Comment

Hi Jack, as you have sussed this is a classic E Bay scam of a cobbled together "group". All the rare Airborne items are poor Indian made fakes, coupled to the other items which are original but common.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X