Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with NZ medal

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me what this is for? Any help would be great. THANKS!!
    Attached Files

2/3
    Attached Files

Comment

3/3
      Attached Files

Comment

NZ Kings Empire Veterans association medal

Hi medal is Kings Empire Veterans association Medal . I think it was for members who served in the Boer war.

Comment

Thank you so much!! I looked around on Google for more info, and this is what I got. Turns out, it seems to be a pretty historical and rare medal. My father bought it a couple years ago off ebay. It was listed as a unknown NZ Fraternal medal. I think he paid $13 for it! We are both very happy to find out what it is!

"The first members of the 'E. V. A' were issued with medals which were made from the same metal reserved for the manufacture. of the "Victoria Cross'. The bronze metal as you all know came from cannons captured from the Russians in the Crimean War. In 1903 the first medals arrived from England. The design being in the shape of a Maltese Cross surrounded by a wreath of Laurel Leaves. Engraved in the centre the letters E V. A. Intertwined & topped by the smaller letters 'NZ'. The Medal was suspended on a Red White & Blue Ribbon. Although the Medal was issued unnamed, a number of Veterans had not only the Medal engraved, but the
          years of service engraved on the suspender bar. Twenty or Thirty years service was quite common in those days. "

http://www.webspawner.com/users/zenadoug/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X