Indian National Army ww2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian National Army ww2

Any members have examples of the Indian National Army (ww2) insignia or uniforms?
    These are the former UK-Indian POW's who (under S.C. Bose) turned sides and fought with the Japanese.

I am posting this in the UK section as these troops were issued British KD uniforms (from captured stocks from Singapore/HK)
    Is it hard to obtain such insignia?
    Attached Files

INA cap insignia. (Map of India)
    Credit: this image from the IWM site!

Any other examples out there?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nick, I have only ever seen a cap badge for sale and that was a good 30 years ago now. Always regretted not buying it at the time.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Adrian. Rare INA cap insignia...I understand you now regret not purchasing it at the time!
        A WAF member here in the States told me that he owns such a badge as the one shown in the IWM site! Must be really material!

I would love to create an INA impression in a British KD uniform but sounds like that's going to be an impossible task as this subject matter is very scarce!
        I can imagine that many INA artifacts were disposed of after the war, as these troops were considered traitors to the crown...
        and did not want to be implicated. Many men deserting towards the end, getting rid of their insignia in the process!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X