No announcement yet.

Glider Pilot Wing - private purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris ... sorry to go on but I'll add this finally...

You use the words "field of interest" --- this is exactly the point I'm making. An expert on Airborne insignia isn't necessarily an expert on British wartime insignia in general. I don't profess to be either I was just making the point that I fourtunately have the benefit of access to some top WW2 British insignia collections and the knowledge of those collectors.

Comment

Jack i have to confess that i'm always have to laugh, if somebody pretend to be the all mighty, maybe it's better then to stop collecting ww-2, that's mine idea
      But in this case i'm very convinced that L.. has doing his best without pretending to be the wise-guy and yes we make all faults but it was your definition that makes me to respond. But anyhow i'm sure that both of you have the knowledge in this field, crossed fingers and all the best,
      Chris

Comment

My sarcasm and wit must not translate too well as many of my words are said in jest.

However, your English is far far far better than my Dutch!!

Comment

GPR badge

Hello Jack,

Here a photo of a GPR wing at one of your jackets, I just found it at TT. I think it looks very much like the wing I have.
          Attached Files

Comment

The wing on that BD is completely different sorry!! The weave is much tighter, it is more padded and has a solid paper backing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts View Post
              The wing on that BD is completely different sorry!! The weave is much tighter, it is more padded and has a solid paper backing.
              I was more looking to the crown, color of the 5 jewels, the red part also almost filled.
              Color blue of the wings. This compared also with the regular wings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X