No announcement yet.

Airborne Jeep details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sonny, just came across this old thread when searching out my Jeep info for Simon. Sorry I failed to answer your question as I must have missed it the first time around. Captain Ogilvie's full name was James D. Ogilvie.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Stretcher racks

Sonny,
      There was a jeep at the Polish memorials in Driel (Arnhem) this year that had the stretcher rack mods on it..
      If you would like to e-mail me via a private message, I can try to put you in touch with the owner.

Regards

Gary J.

Originally posted by Sonny Nilsson
      Hi
      Can anybody help me with some pictures of the British airborn jeep? Would like to see some close up pictures of the towing attacment, front bumper,jerrycan holder to floor,stretchers frame, spare wheel carrier. And so on.
      Every detail of interest. I have the book of Rob and Monica van Meel. British Airborne jeep. But I want to see the modifications for real.
      Regards
      Sonny
      Last edited by Gary Jucha; 05-23-2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Hi.

Would like to rise this thread. Somebody can help with some pictures?
        Ned some details for my jeep rebuild. My car was left behind in
        Stavanger (Norway) after arrival of the 1st Airborne division, May 1945. After many year in army use, its no airborne parts left.

Originally posted by Sonny Nilsson View Post
        Hi
        Can anybody help me with some pictures of the British airborn jeep? Would like to see some close up pictures of the towing attacment, front bumper,jerrycan holder to floor,stretchers frame, spare wheel carrier. And so on.
        Every detail of interest. I have the book of Rob and Monica van Meel. British Airborne jeep. But I want to see the modifications for real.
        Regards
        Sonny

Comment

Jeep

Michel Lorquet's "Polish Para Brigade" jeep had the stretcher mods on it.

In fact this rebuilt jeep is now actually for sale. (Belgium - 2009)
          (This was the jeep marked up as Polish Airborne during the 2004 commemorations)

It can be found here :

http://www.theliberator.be/militaryvehicles2004.htm

(It is marked up 117 at the top of the page)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X