Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Cloth Insignia

Hi Everyone,

I am very happy to see a forum dedicated to British and Commonwealth militaria. I collect both Luftwaffe and RAF cloth insignia. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck finding good sources for RAF insignia. I did come across this piece on Ebay. Is it any good? I am very new to RAF insignia. Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
    Attached Files

The Back:
    Attached Files

Comment

HI Joe ,I think its probably post war ,best to buy them padded ,Rob
      Attached Files
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Robb,

Thanks for the advice. Nice display! Where can I find original period pieces like yours?

Joe

Comment

I know very little about RAF insignia, but of course some of these badges have been running for years, so there're genuine 1940's, 50's...80's, 90's etc.

Comment

The Navigator and AE ones came off old moth eaten and battered uniforms which I sold on ebay (minus the badges) ,the padded observers one at the top came with a load of ww2 Officers paperwork which I sold on ebay except for the badge .The RCAF came from an antique shop ,and the flat Observer one came from an antiques fair ,the Sargeants stripe and crown came from a jumble sale in the 70's (remember jumble sales?).Original pieces are not so easy to find ,just make sure they are padded old and musty with holes in where they have been removed from a uniform (Yes I know people who fake badges do this ,but in General RAF badges are relatively untouched),Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
              ......remember jumble sales........Rob
              Jumble sales - the start of my WII German navy accumulation was a little canvas ditty bag that a guy I'd been at school with found at a jumble sale - he had a look inside, asked the price, & the nice lady said "25p". So he passed on to me a bag of about a dozen oval trade badges, 5 cloth & metal Petty Officers trade badges, two sports vest eagles, a couple of tally bands, a strip of 7 cap cockades, some breast eagles etc....... is jumble sale the artist now known as boot fair?

Comment

Thanks Robb

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X