Camo Para Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Para Helmet

From the same old collection. When I got it, it had this net on it. Let me know what you think about this one, please

Here's the 'brother' to the 1st para I posted a few days ago. Both came

Regards

Steve T

re

Hi,

i think this camo para helmet is post WW2. I read 1947.

Best wishes,

FAB

Comment

No it says 1944 and the size.
      I belive this camo is done postwar.

Comment

Hi,
        It's 44 dated, but the paint scheme is post war.
        Aaron

Comment

Agree with that 100%.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. When you say applied post war do you mean that it was a paint scheme used by the British in a certain post war period, or just some black splotches that someone applied to make up a camo pattern? Did the Brits use any camo patterns during the war?
            Regards,

Steve T

Comment

Hi Steve,
              The outside paint should be the same colour as the inside to be WW2, is it the same or different, can't quite tell to be sure. But even if it is the original colour, the black splotches are I'm pretty sure post war, as this was a common practice.
              As for WW2 cammo on para helmets I suppose it must have been done but I for one would not be brave enough to buy one unless I got it from a vetran.
              Aaron
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info Aaron. The inside is the same colour as the outside base colour. I did not get this from a vet, but the family of an old time collector so there is no story. I know he traveled overseas in the 70's and 80's and acquired items there. I look at the wear patterns especially around the rim, and they look right. But, the helmet must stand on it's own.

Is there a way to trace the names in this helmet?

Thanks,
                Steve T

Comment

Dificult to trace the people as these helmets were worn into the 1970 and probably some of the names were TA members also probably all of the green/black camo is late 60s-late70s

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X