WWII Cartoon Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII Cartoon Drawings

I would like to share with you these rather cool cartoon drawings by lieutenant Dudley Hallwood, unfortunately i cant find much on the artist only that he worked for the newspapers drawing cartoons. Does anyone have any idea who the person could be ? there is a letter that came with it but i don't know if they are related.

Stuart

Do you have the envelope to who it was addressed to. I can't tell if dudley was britt or yank. I always buy art like this when i find it, and have some stored somewhere from all different artists. All american although.

Comment

Looks like Bob Hope on a USO tour.
      Last edited by DaveS; 10-19-2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I lived across the street from Dudley Hallwood in his later years and in my younger years. He was english and drew cartoons for one or both of the Newcastle papers. I think he mostly drew sporting figures but could be mistaken on that point. He actually drew me after my school team won a trophy. Unfortunatly I have missplaced the drawing over the years.

He told me a story that at the end of the war he actually took a knap in Hitlers bed while his buddy was looking through the home/castle for trinkets.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X