Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victoria cross ribbon bar

Hello everyone,

I know someone who has an original WW2 victoria cross ribbon bar with the tiny victoria cross on it, ribbon bar with africa star ribbon bar, military cross ribbon bar, 1939-45 star ribbon bar and a couple of others (common). I do not know what to offer? How much do think thats worth????

Thanks,

Tom

......at a guess..

Bid what you feel happy with parting with....its a hard one £100/£200 sounds about correct.

A number of VC winners WW2 tunics went through bosleys a few years back some had this mini VC on...price range £150/£325
    Regardfs
    Steve

Comment

Unless you can positively attribute a ribbon bar as having belonged to (and therefore worn by) a VC recipient, I would be extremely hesitant to lay out any kind of a premium for an item that could rather easily be made up from "original" ribbon bar stock. Since these ribbons are all currently produced, and since older "period" stocks are still widely available, it would not be much of a stretch to simply put together a ribbon bar or set of miniature "representative" medals...

I would estimate that a bar along the lines of your description could be assembled for probably under 10 pounds.
      Just my two cents worth.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X