X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanco ?

Hi,

Sorry if this is old hat, but ......

1. Was all 37 pattern webbing Blanco'd for combat ?

2. What colour ( shade ) of blanco was favoured by the airborne ?

Many thanks,

Steve

Not sure how much help this will be;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...ghlight=blanco

Comment

Here's another one that should help:

http://www.blancoandwebbing.co.uk/

Short answer to question 1. & 2. is No as it depends on who, where and when you are talking about. But Airborne forces in general seem to have followed the rest of the Army in general as to what they did in a particular theatre or timeframe.

Comment

Most ww2 pictures show blancoed webbing. Airborne troops used the same blanco as the regular troops. Colour of blanco can be different by regiment i heared. Light shade of green used early in the war, dark shade of green used later in ww2. Lot of collectors dont blanco there webbing (less value), but you can buy webbing cheap if its blancoed.
        I prefer a manneque with blancoed webbing.
        A picture as example:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JEROEN1944; 09-05-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Many thanks guys. I used to hate it in the cadets, now I'm buying the stuff !

Would it be fair to say it was more common for combat webbing to be blanco'd than not ?

Jeroen,
          Is yours KG3 ?

Steve

Comment

For British forces in n.w. Europe 1944/45, yes, most common would be for an individuals issue webbing to be Blancoed and probably K.G.3. There are a number of exceptions for specific issue webbing associated with support weapons, signals, medical services etc. and for some units.

Comment

Originally posted by shadwell1944 View Post
              ........There are a number of exceptions for specific issue webbing associated with support weapons, signals, medical services etc. and for some units.

Cheers !

Are these exceptions listed anywhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                Many thanks guys. I used to hate it in the cadets, now I'm buying the stuff !

Would it be fair to say it was more common for combat webbing to be blanco'd than not ?

Jeroen,
                Is yours KG3 ?

Steve
                Hello Steve,

Yes it is KG3. I bought a couple of years back 2 original pucks for 1.99$ p/p.
                I used them on some webbing.
                Cant find the original stuf anymore.

Jeroen

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                  Cheers !

Are these exceptions listed anywhere ?
                  Hello
                  The exceptions were fairly simple.If it was your specific issue you would have to blancoe it.ie your personal webbing set that you were issued with in barracks.
                  If it was extra to that eg.utility pouches, sten bandoliers, field dressing bags radio bags etc they would be issued unblancoed and as you say in the cadets you hated doing it ,so they would not do it unless they had to.
                  As with everything there will be exceptions to this rule in photos but I am sure that is how it worked in general.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Frank

Comment

The light blanco was also used throughout ww2 and beyond.Check period pictures and you will find that many show light blanco 103 or medium blanco 97.

regards Johan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X