Help IDing a stable belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help IDing a stable belt

Does anyone recognize the unit that would have used this stable belt?
    Thanks in advance,
    Garth
    Attached Files

Never saw such a Pattern. Some years ago I published a book on Stable Belts with about 70 diferent and the next one will have about 100 to 120 different incl. other countries and some unknown.
    Nico

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
      Never saw such a Pattern. Some years ago I published a book on Stable Belts with about 70 diferent and the next one will have about 100 to 120 different incl. other countries and some unknown.
      Nico
      Nico,
      Thanks for your help. The belt had been used as a WW1 souvenier/hate belt. Inked across the back is "Souvenier of Armenlierres France August 1915 left home (unreadable) 3rd Brigade CFA and (a name unreadable)"
      Regards,
      Garth

Comment

Fascinating. It looks vaguely Indian in pattern, i.e. North American, not the other Indians. As the owner appears to be Canadian (CFA), I'm wondering if this was a privately-fashioned item by an individual who was First Nation? As a belt spotter, it's certainly nothing like I've ever seen before pattern-wise, but it does have that same appearance as some of the very early home-made belts.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X