1 Can Para Stiletto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Can Para Stiletto

<style></style>The Camillus Cutlery Company of Camillus, NY was the only manufactuer of this knife, which was fashioned after the Marine Raider Stiletto.
    Production of the Raider Stiletto was quite small by production standards, totalling only 14,370.
    Of these, a small number were produced in black parkerizing for the Canadian Airborne, making it one of the most rare, expensive and collectible fighting knives of WWII.
    The sheath was another first of its type, the design later copied for the V-42 stiletto and M3 fighting knife, this example having the first "Type 1" sheath.
    Members of the 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion were issued this stiletto upon completion of jump training in Fort Benning, GA.

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Roy C. Rushton, a sniper with 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion is shown wearing his 1CPB stiletto. This photo was taken near Roermond on the Maas River, Holland.
        "I was issued the knife in 1943 or 1944 by our Quartermaster Stores. Our knives were always referred to as 'Killing Knives', and I used it to dispatch German soldiers on at least two occasions. Some training was provided on how to attack or defend from the front and how to attack from the rear".
        Attached Files

Comment

An excellent Knife and a great image as well. congratulations

Comment

Cool dagger. If you want to part from it, let me know!
            If working on a website about 1st CPB in Holland, so if you have some information i would be pleased.

Jeroen

Comment

Thanks guys!
              Jeroen, I haven't seen any other 1CPB photos taken in Holland....they seem to be very scarce.
              Roy

Comment

Hello Roy,

I have some pictures from Holland. They almost stayed a month in Holland so there should be a lot more pictures. But who knowes were.
                So if you or anybody see them i would be pleased to have a copy of them.

Jeroen

Comment

I'll keep my eyes open Jeroen.
                  They did have a film & photo unit with them, so there should be more pics around than what I've seen.
                  Roy

Comment

Thanks...If you ever want to get rid of your knive, think on me...

Jeroen

Comment

British Airborne with Waffen-SS prisoners at the Hartenstein in Oosterbeek near Arnhem, September 1944...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X