X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battledress original ww2?

Hi,
    please i nedd your help .
    What do you think about this mod.40 battledress and trouser?
    I shoul like to buy it but don't know if it is a repro or an original ww2 battledress!
    The name Town Taylor ltd is correct? Why this name is on the right pouche and not on the left (how I see on other pictures of battledress).
    Excuse for my bad english.

I hope on your help...

Partisan

BD looks ok to me. Trousers also but do you perhaps have better pictures from the stamps in the trousers?

regards Erwin

Comment

Sorry... I have only this pictures.
      Is'nt important that the name of factory is on the right pouche and not on the left?
      Thank you very much

Partisan

Comment

BD top is ok. From the trousers i need to see more pictures like the back inside waist etc.

Jeroen

Comment

It's a early P40 pattern why because it has two inner pockets like the 37 pattern that why the label is on the right side, the size is small. The trouser seems to me original ww-2 but if you want to be sure we need more pics from the stamp and the curve of the waistband and also the side pockets of the pants.

Comment

Thank you for now!,
            when it''ll arrive to me, I'll post more picture

arcipelago

Comment

Size 6 jacket looks to have been shortened further.

The gap between bottom of the pocket and top af the waist band is small.
              The back has had many pleats added also.

Wouldn't think they were from the same person having size 10 trousers.

Regards, Graham.

Comment

Okay, thanks.
                I have watched many photo on the web and have saw that the distance between pocket and wrap is in the average and I have since the folds on the back vary between the models, I have counted some from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 12! I have saw a sice 7 with 11 folds...
                Batledress and trouser have been found in house in the country of an Italian region of the center (emilia romagna). The old owners have told that they had this uniform from the times of the second world war, when the English soldiers passed from there.
                I knew this story only now, directly from the man that founded the uniform .
                Next days I will post other images and measures...

partisan

Comment

As promised, here is the pictures of the pants.
                  I hope that is sufficient to determine if these pants are a pat 40 of world war II
                  There aren't pocketS on the front ...

Thanks
                  arcipelago

Comment

More pictures

thks

Comment

This is a original early P40 trouser i thought that the O stands for 1942. The field dressing pocket and the map pocket has been removed that's means a converted specimen which will influenced the price negative. I think all these additions were made after the war due the scarcity of materials among the civilian population (look at the waistband and the tab)

Dark/ brown bakelite buttons were issued from 1942 till the end of 1943/ beginning 1944 later in that year the colour was changed in olive.
                      Last edited by 48RMC; 08-04-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Could the second pair of trousers be from the pre-war pattern OR's Service Dress?

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X