BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British holster. For what type of pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British holster. For what type of pistol?

Gentlemen

I got this pistol holster when I was in the Military Police in the late 80`s in Norway. It was used with a P1 or P38 pistol. But the holster looks very British so I was wondering if anyone knows for what type of pistol it was made? Could it be for the Webley & Scott Mk 1 in 455 auto?

If you look at the last picture, the red line indicate where the 1911 and Hi Power pistols stops so it has to be for a pistol where the barrel is free. Like the P38.

I cannot find any stamps on the holster. Is there any way of telling if it was made during the war or if it was made postwar?

Regards,
    Stian

Norway also used a lot of Brit and US Equipment after the War so I think the Germans left a lot of Weapons there. The Holster shows the Brit and US Way of attachment so I think it's maybe locally made for both systems.

Comment

Thank you for your reply uscob.
      Maybe you are right. Norway did use a lot of German pistols after the war. Like Hi Power, P08, P38 and Radom. But I have only seen the original German holsters being modified so that it could be attach to a US belt.

So no way that it could have been made for the Webley pistol?

Comment

Maybe it fit's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X