fighting knife but which one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fighting knife but which one ?

Not seen one with a metal scabbard like this, The brass bottom end is brazed on. The grip looks to be cast alloy. Any ideas ??
    Attached Files

pics2

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pics3

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

A British third pattern Fairbairn-Sykes knife, could be late WW2 to early post-WW2. There will probably be a cast numeral mark on the grip, also a better shot of the pommel nut, showing its clamp fastening indentations would be useful. The sheath-scabbard looks to be German, quite possibly adapted to the knife.

Comment

Maybe this metal scabbard belongs to a German Kampfmesser the press-stud is for sure of German origin, could it be made by Ritter?? What strikes me is the brass tip that should not have to be, perhaps later addition? The rest has been mentioned in this thread but anyway nice catch

Comment

Fighting Knife

The snap is a prym snap and the scabbard is German WWI fighting knife or boot knife style. I have never seen the bottom end brass like that, but I reckognize the scabbard as being WWI or early from Germany.
            Jack

Comment

cheers guys

I will put it on Estand , can anyone help with a fair price estimate ??

Comment

It's hard to say depends whether if the knife is wartime or not plus it's a converted specimen (scabbard/knife) so that would also affect the price

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X