LRDG badge ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRDG badge ????

Does anyone recognize this badge as a LRDG variant? Can anyone ID it at all.
    Thanks in advance.
    Garth
    Attached Files

French Foreign Legion maybe?

Comment

an LRDG badge that was made in Lyon, France, during the German occupation?! Afraid not.

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chippler View Post
        an LRDG badge that was made in Lyon, France, during the German occupation?! Afraid not.

- Chris
        a) how do you know that the badge was made during the occupation? I was only asking what it was making no claims about it.

b) short sarcastic replys to postings on this or any other forum have no real value

Comment

You suuggest it might be a LRDG badge. Chippler was just trying to be helpful. Do a search of the maker. They were under the Vishay govt during ww2 so they would not be producing LRDG badges. Though it seems more post war. Peter
          Last edited by PAB; 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

thanks for sticking up for me, PAB.

Garth, you really have to think about this. France fell in June, 1940 and the LRDG was formed the following month. The maker of the badge is French, so I was pointing out that it would be impossible for a French badge maker to produce a badge for the allies whilst they were under German occupation/Vichy Governance.

- Chris

Comment

Aye Chippler was just giving his three tuppence worth , no need to beast him . Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Whatever It Is It's so out there that It Is quite likely to be genuine. As other posters have said though, more than likely post war. Could It have been an Association or old comrades piece I wonder? Whatever I really like It! If you want to pass It on at any time let me know Garth.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

I thought this badge rang a bell and after further research we've been able to Identify It.

It Is a French fighter squadron, Escadrille F554 which was first raised In WW1, so, the original design of the badge actually pre-dates the LRDG by some 25 odd years.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Don't all thank me at once, I'll get emotional.

Comment

hey Beau, Garth was online today. It's apparent from his posts in this thread that he has a bit of an attitude problem so expecting a thanks may be hoping for too much.

Good work on identifying it, Beau.

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Brummel. View Post
                        I thought this badge rang a bell and after further research we've been able to Identify It.

It Is a French fighter squadron, Escadrille F554 which was first raised In WW1, so, the original design of the badge actually pre-dates the LRDG by some 25 odd years.

Yours, Guy.
                        Guy,
                        Wasn't active on the forum until this morning, I never sign out. Thank you for the ID. this makes perfect sense as it was found with a USAAC DI to the 2nd Bomb Group. No one on the GMIC in the french section recognized it.
                        Thanks again,
                        Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X