Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare? Perhaps, but at what price?

Gents,

So I stumbled across an item that has me twitching. It is the WW1 trio to an RFC Observer whom was shot down by Karl Schaefer. To anyone on the street it would be a unique grouping to own, however to me it holds a bit more significance.. I have a uniform and a post war flight suit attributed to the pilot that was flying the plane at the time it was shot down

The issue however I have is that as much as I would love to get this grouping, the price is just out of this world. £2995 which makes it ~$4600 canadian.

Now I understand that there is the fact that he was shot down by a member of the flying circus, but does it really justify this price, especially considering it is "just" the trio with no gallantry awards.

For this price one could pick up a nice DFC or DFM grouping so perhaps it's just a vent on my part as I cannot afford it at this time, but also perhaps a request for opinions. Would you pay this much?

Here is a link to the dealer site (interestingly he just has a picture of the jasta but not of the actual medals?)

http://medalsofengland.com/medals.php?id=77&medalid=70

.......seems to me they're priced as if the were actually Schaefer's medals. Why show the Jasta and not the items being sold? He hasn't said hardly a thing about the set...mounted or unmounted......condition of medals/ribbons etc.... Ask for photos, I'd like to see 'em. I say keep your money

Comment

make them an offer. The worst they can do is say "no"

- Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X