Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British/Canadian Para qualification wings

Hello all,
    I was wondering if you gents could post some jump wings, how to determine real to repro and post war ones!
    I was also wondering what books to specifically look at brit airborne/canadian militaria!
    Many thanks,
    Sean

Hi Sean,

I'm not conversant with being able to bring up the link, but on the top bar where it says search click on that and write in 'Britsh para wings' and there is one thread by me asking the same thing sort of thing.

I think there is an explanation of how to deduce wartime to postwar wings, it's all in the angle of the threads........you'd better take a look yourself for an explanation

I hope this helps you a little bit,

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I will check it out!!
      Regards,
      Sean

Comment

Canadian Wings

Sean: I'm afraid I can't answer all of your questions, especially with regards to repros, but I can show you the difference between WW2 and post war Canadian jump wings. The first image is of a war-era set and the second image is an example of the post-war wings, worn until (I believe) the late 60's. The main difference, you will note, is the presence of a "bump" under the maple leaf of the post-war badges.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit!
        regards,
        Geoff
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting thank you. Any chance of seeing the reverse of the two?

Many Thanks
          Sean

Comment

Hi Sean, I have sent you an email But here are a pair of WW2 issue British para wings.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade!
              I received your e mail, hope all is well! EEvery bit of info helps!
              many Thanks!
              sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean.E
                Interesting thank you. Any chance of seeing the reverse of the two?

Many Thanks
                Sean
                Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the reverses - those aren't my wings and I've had those pics kicking around my hard drive for a while. I can get reverses of the post-war wings as my father has several pairs (he did his jump course in 1947) but I won't be able to for a few weeks... I'll dig up this thread again when I see him next.
                Cheers,
                Geoff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X