'51 webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
    Like you, I'm not 100% which pattern of equipment these pouches belong to but would suggest that P'37 is more likely than P'51 based on the color alone. Remember that some P'37 webbing was manufactured in the early 50's to cover shortfalls during the Korean war. Like all patterns of equipment there was overlap in it's issue. Also, not all webbed items were considered a part of a specific pattern of webbing. Some items were specialty items that technically were separate from the webbing patterns even if they were designed to be used in conjunction with those patterns.
    yeah, as far as I know p51 did not make it to Korea, and the dates on the pouches -- i mean it may just be the photos -- look like they say '1951'

Comment

For the canteen, does anyone have any pictures of it? I'm interested in the lid mostly, was it a rubber gasket or a cork, and how was the chain attached to the bottle?

Comment

You just caught yourself a weekend CB for this

little infraction at least in the BN I was in.

The Gas mask carrier was never attached to the web belt. It was always worn under the web belt with its own sam-brown belt

Quite an innovation at the time as many times you would have to take your webbing off for what-ever reason but you wanted your respirator with you at all times.

Comment

Very interesting, I never knew that, and this was just a throw together for a picture, it's no where near ready for a display yet ( I mean hell, I don't even have a proper belt!) so thanks for the tip. any images of this being done?

Comment

finally in a town with some resources, went to a surplus store with a bin full of basic pouches and mess tin covers, grabbed a pair of basic pouches and was at an antique shop and found a mess tin.

getting closer and closer to a basic set.

Comment

Weird little discovery I made today, while photographing some of my pieces for use on a website I decided I would try to put them under a black light to see if the ink in the stamps would glow...Well it turns out the ink didn't but the forest green thread used to stitch together the pieces turned a bright red I tried numerous times to photograph this but had no luck... I doubt anyone could explain as to why this happens? (the glow, not my photograph skills)

Comment

Some parts of 51 webbing was produced well into the 70s and early 80s you just have a very late production is my guess.

One of my fist 'jobs' in the 'Ivory Tower' was signing off on a production contract for 100 gross of cross straps if memory servers me correctly.

Comment

No, the majority of my pieces (If not all) are dated '53, just something in the dye of the thread

Comment

Does anyone have a photo of a P51 green belt? OR a p37 green belt if there is such a thing.

Thks
                    Kelly

Comment

Is my belt, not in the best condition but it is what it is

Comment

Also, my various pieces can be viewed here
                        http://karkeeweb.com/patterns/collections/simpson.html

Comment

I have a od green belt P-37 no dates. IS that ww2 or post war British?

thks
                          Kelly

Comment

Is it blancoed green?

or could it possibly be a british 1944 pattern belt?
                            as shown here
                            http://karkeeweb.com/patterns/1944/1944_belts.html

some pictures would help greatly

Comment

Not blancoed green. Has green painted steel hardware. But P-37.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X