No announcement yet.

Opinions on Brit para helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is reply from ebay seller who sold the CCL para helmet in link I posted before.

Hi Kelly,
    & thank you for your mail. Regarding the helmet liner, I did have someone tell me that they had read that CCl only made liners after the war & that BMB were the only producers of war-time liners. However, In my long experience, i have found many times that just because someone has put something to print somewhere does not always mean it is correct. CCl produced liners for British helmets throughout the war. The helmet i had was 100% correct & had not been tampered with in any way. It had an original liner with an original stamping & dated 1944. I have in my own private collection another early paratrooper helmet with an original liner produced by a totally different company. There is not a great deal written about these helmets, nor are there many detailed photo's of liners etc, so i can't send you 'proof' i am sorry to say. But please be assured, i would not put on auction anything i had any doubts over. I hope this helps, & thank you for your interest.

My conclusion is until a clear unmessed with war dated CCL Para liner surfaces, don't treat it as 100% WW2. The year stamp on yours is faked.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X