Opinions on Brit para helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Brit para helmet

Hi Guys, i'd like to get some opinions on this 1944 dated helmet.
    I'm not too familiar with these but i've heard a bit about dispatch riders helmets being converted to para.
    The seller states this is not the case with this helmet and that it is original.
    Hard to see the paint and shell with the netting on but would i be right in assuming the liner is the most impotant part for determining authenticity.
    I'm not a new collector and it looks good to me, but as i say i'm not that familiar with these.
    If you can give any opinions based on these photo's would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

r
    Attached Files

Comment

j
      Attached Files

Comment

l
        Attached Files

Comment

The date is fake. It is a post-war helmet.

Comment

Yes date looks carved in.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITISH-WW2-PA...29212002r10384

This sold at ebay as WW2. Dated in photos hard to spot? Maybe compare.

Comment

This photo is a post war CCL stamp. Much different.

Your helmet liner could be WW2. It matches the ebay helmet stamp mark. But some dummy decided to carve in the year I think, as it was worn off.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Kelly w; 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

fake para helmet

hi, only BMB & G&S made ww2 para helmet liners. at the time of the sale, i contacted him & told him, but he did'nt listen. he also had a messed about with despatch riders helmet for sale at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by tinlid View Post
                    hi, only BMB & G&S made ww2 para helmet liners. at the time of the sale, i contacted him & told him, but he did'nt listen. he also had a messed about with despatch riders helmet for sale at the same time.
                    That eBay seller is a long time helmet collector and extremely knowledgeable. His helmet had a CCL 1944 stamped helmet.

CCL made Tommy helmet liners for WW2. So I'm sure that making WW2 Para liners is not too farfetched.

This needs further research.
                    Last edited by Kelly w; 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

well he purposely tried to trick some poor person out of more than £400.

Comment

Still put together

Originally posted by tinlid View Post
                        Not a true WW2 Para helmet for the reasons described above. If this seller is such a top collector he should know this.
                        Regards,Ivan

Comment

CCL para liners are all post-war. Unfortunately the book "For King and country" states they are WW2. They even use a CCL helmet to represent the web strap type. Mysteriously the date is obscurred on their example

Comment

I have asked the eBay seller for photo proof of a CCL war dated stamp. Let's see what he digs up .

Comment

Thanks very much for all the replies
                              Regards
                              Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X