USA in Canadian Airforce Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA in Canadian Airforce Tunic

We just bought a collection that has kind of neat light reed-green 4 pocket tunic that is for the Canadian Airforce, but has the USA patches on it above a propeller. For some reason, the USA patches are there but the eagles have been removed.

I will try to get a pics of it tomorrow, but any idea who deal in Canadian patches that I might find some eagle replacements, and what these "crossover" tunics are worth?

Thanks,
    http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Jerry,
    The accepted wisdom is that between 7,000 and 9,000 Americans served in the Canadian Forces during WW2 with the majority being in the RCAF. By and large, the light green tunics are a niche item as they were only used within Canada.

Value is very tough on these. If owner info is present, you might be able to try and research the owner. These are for enlisted personnel and were turned in upon graduation of flight training -- obviously for flying personnel -- or embarkation for overseas service. The LAC rank isn't telling as it would have been a common rank for all trades in RCAF.

The USA titles on RCAF uniforms were for those Americans already in service prior to 1939. They would wear USA below the eagle within Canada. Overseas wear was Canada above the eagle and USA below.

A gentleman named Andre Genest has large quantities of badging unique to these light green uniforms. A google search should take you to his website. He also sells on eBay although I can't remember his seller ID.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X