Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with British Wings

Hello,
    Can someone please help me ID these wings? Are the top two for Pakistan? And is the bottom just a RAF variation? Any help would be great! THANKS!
    Attached Files

Rraf

Could the RRAF be Royal Rhodesian Air Force?

Comment

No.
      Originally posted by paul kennedy View Post
      Could the RRAF be Royal Rhodesian Air Force?

Comment

Yes I believe they are Paki but it's been awhile so don't quote me The bottom looks like a reproduction of one of the early RAF variants.
        Originally posted by all-bull View Post
        Hello,
        Can someone please help me ID these wings? Are the top two for Pakistan? And is the bottom just a RAF variation? Any help would be great! THANKS!

Comment

They look very similar to a repro RCAF pilot wing I bought sight-unseen from a Canadian dealer years ago.

Mike

Comment

Sorry they're all repros.

Comment

Expanding on my previous statement in the few minutes I have, I wish to say the following:
              1. the RPAF is for the Royal Pakistani Air Force which existed with the Royal Designation from the 40's until 1956 when Pakistan became an independent republic.
              2. The RRAF stands for Royal Rhodesian Air Force which was the product of the wartime Southern Rhodesian Air Force. The RRAF existed from 1954 to about 1970 I believe when the Royal designation was dropped, and the crown emblem swapped for the Lion.
              3. The ARF wing is a copy of a very rare wing, which is detailed in Eagles Recalled as the First issue of RAF wings...... It was manufactured in this way to give the illusion of the R being a large cypher engulfing the A and F..... They were manufactured very shortly before the coveted "Toronto" wings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X