X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 canadian battle dress blouse?

Hello Gents,

I have one battle dress blouse.
    Is this WW2 canadian battle dress blouse? original one?
    Opinions please.

camomania
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have an original Canadian blouse that has some tailoring / modification done in the area of the collar. I don't however know if the British insignia is original to the blouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
          Looks like you have an original Canadian blouse that has some tailoring / modification done in the area of the collar. I don't however know if the British insignia is original to the blouse.
          As the canadians sent loads of them as War Aid to the UK, I would say they might be originally fixed to the Jacket. If it's for sale, let me know, maybe something for the McNair Museum exebition here in Berlin.
          Nico

Comment

nice Bd, its a best bd (walking out) ,to a major of the royal fuseliers
            witch was serving in the control commison of germany.
            in the englisch occupation zone after the defeat of the third reich.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for many reply.
              I understand what my battle dress is.
              I got this blouse from european dealer several years ago, but I did not know what is CCG. Now it's clear!
              I will research CCG. Thank you very much!!

camomania

Comment

The nickname was "Charlie Chaplin's Grenadiers".

Comment

Just to make sure collector's are aware.

The Canadian c-broad arrow stamp was still in use after 1945. I have seen some items dated 1947 with it. Webbing, tunics etc.

This could be post war tunic.

Comment

Is the back panel one piece or two with a seam running vertically up the middle? The answer to this will tell us if it's war vintage or post war. It was common during the war for officers to modify the collar to be worn open since they wore a shirt and tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
                      Just to make sure collector's are aware.

The Canadian c-broad arrow stamp was still in use after 1945. I have seen some items dated 1947 with it. Webbing, tunics etc.

This could be post war tunic.
                      The C broad arrow can be found on items dated well into the 50's. However, there are other ways to identify a post war tunic that don't rely on the markings which can often be faded or otherwise unreadable. Remember that post war tunics changed in details starting in 1947. I have never seen a 1946 dated tunic which means that once you know what to look for it is quite simple to determine if the tunic is war vintage or post war vintage. It's either pattern 37 (war) or 47 / 49 (post war).

Comment

Gents,
                        The easiest way to tell the wartime from the postwar Canandian BD (aside from the collar setup and label!), is the construction.

The body of a wartime blouses is made from two pieces -- a left and right which are joined at a central seam down the middle of the back.

Postwar blouse bodies are made from three pieces -- a back panel along with left and right front panels. All joined together with a seam under each arm.

Comment

Originally posted by SprogCollector View Post
                          Gents,
                          The easiest way to tell the wartime from the postwar Canandian BD (aside from the collar setup and label!), is the construction.

The body of a wartime blouses is made from two pieces -- a left and right which are joined at a central seam down the middle of the back.

Postwar blouse bodies are made from three pieces -- a back panel along with left and right front panels. All joined together with a seam under each arm.
                          Hello all,

I put two pictures of this battle dress blouse.
                          Ons is under arm. There is no seam under arm.

camomania
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another is back side.
                            There is central seam down middle of the back .

camomania
                            Attached Files

Comment

There you go, a wartime tunic with a collar modified by the officer to be worn open.... SprogCollector stole my thunder and explained the rear seam already I didn't expect camomania to take so long to post the photos of the rear of the tunic Oh well, at least the point was made.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X